Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday night date night...



ating….. It’s so complicated!  I haven’t always felt this way, but after two failed LTR’s I’ve found myself forced to evaluate my historical decisions.  I mean, if a guy isn’t on his toes in the beginning, when is he going to be?  If I’m a doormat in the beginning, at what point do I stand up and announce I’m not really a doormat?  90 days in? <-That’s funny!  (I actually could see myself throwing a little shin dig for this announcement, don’t worry I’ll blog about that too!)

I try not to have too many ‘rules’ about dating, but there is one I strictly adhered to in my 20’s that I’m considering for use in my 30’s:
Rule:  If you have been dating for less than a month, or less than 5 dates, the ONLY days available are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Reasoning:
  • Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are meaningless and do not indicate any status in the relationship.
  • Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are ‘school’ nights, you are less likely to be out late, over drink, or make bad decisions.
  • IF either party cancels, it’s very easy to get over.
Stay in Thursday paint nails, face mask etc…  Friday is date night in America *aka* see a movie with a girlfriend night, Saturday you should be out with your girlfriends, Sunday dates tend to be ‘lets make dinner and watch a movie dates’ and we all know what that really means!

This brings me to my current dating debacle; here’s the run down-

Monday:
boy: Darcy do you want to go out on a date Friday?
me: yes! I’d love to!
boy: Ok, I’ll let you know if I don’t go out of town!
me: Umm?  Uhhh, ok!
Wednesday:
boy: Still not sure about in town or out of town, should know tomorrow :)
me: Ok, LMK… >:-/
Thursday: 8pm (summarized)
boy: Looks like I am going out of town…stressful 2 weeks due to ex-girlfriend and work…I’m sorry, hope you don’t think I’m blowing you off…this will be good for me…
Yeah, No response from me.  Also, did he just bring up his ex?
Friday: 1pm
boy: Darcy I changed my mind because I have a lot of work to do!  Do you want to go out tonight?  I hope I’m still in your good graces!

Wtf?  Are you kidding me boy?  I’ve got plans, for goodness sake it’s Friday night! (outside of Dateline and 20/20, I have NO plans, I’ve gotta figure this out fast)

  1. I KNOW the answer to this last minute change should be NO (see above, doormat & on toes)
  2. I consider just saying yes, it is food, drink and company after all, and that does count for something.
  3. Text a friend, I need help here! she responds quickly (good friend):
“Life is short go have some f’ing fun on his dime” <-haha she’s funny!
“It’s too early to know if this will be a pattern”
me: but it’s against all dating rules from 1972 to current--I checked.
“rules are stoopid”
“if it becomes a pattern, deal with it then”
me: this is 2 Fridays in a row, i think it is a pattern
“ohhhhh!”
me: i think i’m going to flip a coin
“perfect!”
me: I also text one more friend, if she is available it’s a sign, if not-flip a coin.
“actually, this is a  brilliant plan"
me: thanks! ok, going to dinner with her and her boyfriend! (f’ing Friday night date night in America!!)
“yay! what are you going to tell the boy?”
me: here’s what I sent him:
Dear boy, I have already made plans! Sorry!  Another time perhaps.. I don’t hate you yet!
 “perfect, he’s an idiot anyways”

So there you have it ladies, spelled out clear as mud!  I hope this helps clear this all up! 

Ps - boy & I have rescheduled
for Monday, bring flowers!
Pss - btw, his name isn't really
boy, I'm protecting his identity!
xx dP
Save yourself the headaches
send your dating debacles to me

No comments:

Post a Comment